PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE IN BRIEF
You can download my entire CV here.
Mar 2014 – now :: Researcher at the Centre for Media Pluralism and Media Freedom at the European university institute. I am involved in the implementation of the Media Pluralism Monitor, a project funded by the European Commission that aims at measuring risks to media pluralism in the EU. Activities: develop methodology, update the indicators developed in a previous stage and coordinate the data collection of country teams in 30 countries.
Sept 2008 – Feb 2014 :: PhD defended at the Department of Political and Social Sciences, European University Institute (www.eui.eu), Italy.
Apr 2005 – Apr 2008 :: UNDP Programme Analyst: Democratic Governance, United Nations Development Programme (Belarus). Job tasks:
- Management of project teams and budgets, resolving problems and managing risks in project implementation.
- Negotiation and design of UNDP country programme in the area of democratic governance (including performance indicators, targets and assessment of counterpart capacity).
- Building up/maintaining of partnerships with government institutions, NGOs and donors in order to identify areas for UNDP intervention.
Sept. 2013 – now :: Open Government Partnership researcher. Independent Reporting Mechanism, Tides Center. The central mission of Open Government Partnership (OGP) is to drive government reform, innovation at the country level, and stretch countries beyond their current baseline in the areas of transparency, accountability and citizen engagement. My task is to assess Sweden’s progress on implementation of their OGP Action Plan.
Horizon 2020 Evaluator (EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation). European Commission, Brussels:
- Jan 2017- May 2017:: The call “Education and skills, empowering Europe´s young innovators” (Co-Creation-01-2017)
- Mar 2016 – Apr 2016:: Evaluator of project proposals to the call “Understanding the transformation of European public administrations” (CULT-COOP-11-2016)
- Jul 2015 – Sep 2015:: Evaluator of project proposals to the call ICT-enabled open government
- May 2015 – Jun 2015:: Evaluator of project proposals to the call “Collective Awareness Platforms for Sustainability and Social Innovation” (CAPS)
- Jul 2014 – Sep 2014:: Evaluator of project proposals to the call “The Young Generation in an Innovative, Inclusive and Sustainable Europe“.
Apr 2014 – July 2014 :: Research on Youth political participation for OSCE (Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe)/(ODIHR) Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights . Output: a paper on trends in youth political participation, and facilitation of a group of youth activists at ODIHR Youth Forum in Warsaw to produce joint recommendations for improving youth engagement targeted at ODIHR and OSCE member states.
July 2013- Aug. 2013 :: Lead Researcher: Web Index Sweden. Global Integrity and World Wide Web Foundation Task: assessment of the political, economic and social impact of the web in Sweden for the forthcoming 2013 Web Index.
May 2011- Jun 2011 :: Consultant at UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre (IRC), Italy. Task: Development of the ‘ResearchWatch’ – a web-based tool that facilitates the capture, analysis and dissemination of knowledge (both internal and external to UNICEF) to a broad audience. My specific task was to select relevant research topics; schedule content and to identify guest commentators among the academic and expert community for written reviews and webinars on UNICEF IRC’s website
Mar 2010 – May 2010 :: Country expert for Sweden in the study on “EU Member States Consultations with Civil Society on European Policy Matters” for the European Economic and Social Committee (EESC).Task: Preparation of a national report for Sweden by document analysis and telephone and Internet interviews.
May 2009 – Jul 2009 :: Leader of the Swedish country team that developed the Swedish Electoral Compass ‘Valkompassen‘. After the success of the EU Profiler (see below), I was asked to help developing a similar tool for the Swedish 2010-elections by the academic spin-off company Kieskompas for Aftonbladet, one of the main newspapers in Sweden. ‘Valkompassen‘ allowed Aftonbladet’s site visitors to compare their personal political views with those of the Swedish political parties before voting in the 2010 Parliamentary elections. Tasks: coordination of a team of experts, analysis of party programmes, identification of the most important election issues, questionnaire design.
Nov 2008 – Apr 2009 :: (EUI) Leader of the Swedish country team that helped to develop the Voting Advice Application EU Profiler. The EU Profiler is a web tool used by 2.5 million Europeans, which allowed users to compare their personal political views with those of about 300 European political parties before voting in the 2009 European Parliamentary elections. The EU Profiler was conferred the World e-Democracy Forum Award and the 2009 “Top 10 Who are Changing the World of Internet and Politics”, one of the internationally most renowned awards in the field of e-democracy.